madison avenue

Saturday, October 16, 2010

August 2008 Trip to New Mexico

My Grandma Houston (my mom's mom) unexpectedly passed away in August of 2008.  These are some pictures from the trip and visit to Carlsbad, NM.  As you can see I like to take random pictures. . .there were tons of cool clouds and Joe eventually put the window lock on so I'd quit rolling down my window and hanging the camera out to take pictures ;)  There were also lots of rainbows we spotted on this trip. . .very pretty!!


 Tawny snoozing in the car and Chloe looking mad about being in the car!



 Hat day?  or Bad hair day?  They'll never tell!



 Windmill!!


 My dad being . . . my dad!  Maybe this is where my goofiness comes from???
 My Grandpa Houston and Uncle Ray Houston
 My Aunt Sandra and Tawny
 Joe. . .actually smiling?  What?  This is a rare moment on film. . .errr. ..digital film anyway!
 Corben, Grandpa and Dad. . . time to lower the ears!



 Kam






 Rainbow!!


 Chloe and Nana

 Renabelle (my Grandma's youngest sister) and Chloe
 Joe, Mom, Dad, Renabelle, Chloe, Tawny, Corben, Kamryn and myself
 Dad and Renabelle
 Yet another rainbow!


 Joe and Kam

 Joe and Corben





 My Aunt Stephanie (my mom's brother's wife) and Chloe


 Renabelle and Grandpa



 Chloe and GreatGrandpa Houston. .. as we were about to leave to come home she FINALLY sat in his lap and told him goodbye!



 Yes.  We keep swimming goggles in the car, don't you?

 Yet another rainbow!

 Pawpaw and Chloe. . . at Dairy Queen. . .where else is there to eat on a road trip thru West TX?


Chloe munching on some Twizzlers with Joe



No comments: